Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I promise I haven't abandoned my blog. My brain is just mush by the end of the day, most of the time anyway. Lily decided to sprout 2 more teeth (yes, we're up to 6, if you're counting for some odd reason) and she is exhausting these days!

As usual, the holidays have flown by. Lily's first Christmas was nothing short of perfect. She was an angel baby Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We had fun with her. Here is some evidence:
Christmas morning...


Christmas evening at grandma and grandpa's...


Good times. It went by too fast.
New Year's Eve was nice. We had my parents and some friends over for dinner, watched the ball drop and I was in be by 12:01am, no lie.
So, 2009 has come and gone, which seems impossible. Here is my year in review:

January-
In the middle of my 2nd trimester and really started gearing up for Lily's arrival. We registered for our baby shower and started setting up the nursery.

February-
Had an opportunity to make a change at work which required me to go to California twice in two weeks.
Brought Dustin with me the first time.
Went to San Diego zoo.
Met with the Ferrara family, meeting baby Joey for the first time.
Also met with my friend Lisa and her husband Dan. Fun trip.

March-
Baby shower! So much fun. So many friends, family and too many gifts. Hoarstock!

April-
Nicolas, Christian and Ryleigh's first birthdays!
Went into pre-term labor, started really disliking being pregnant at this point!

May-
Nothing more than Lily comes to mind. May 15th. Love.

June- July
Lily. Lily. Lily.
Maternity leave.
Ryan's first birthday!

August-
Lily's first vacation to St. Augustine and meeting her Auntie Annie, Uncle James and Ryleigh.
My first time away from her for a business meeting in New Jersey.

September-
Costa Rica!
I'm 33.

October-
New Hampshire to visit my beautiful friend Jaime and her family.
Lily in the flower pot for Halloween.

November-
Lily is already 6 months old and celebrating her first Thanksgiving.

December-
Lots of shopping, baking, eating, celebrating.

There was obviously so much more to the year than this but like I said, mush. All in all, 2009 will forever represent Lily and therefore was my best year so far!

As wonderful as the holidays were, there has also been a rash of horrible things happening to my friends and family. Bob, Jaime, Anne, Nicole, Christie, Chrissie, and anyone else I've forgotten, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you for all of your different situations. I hope 2010 perks up a little!

Make it a beautiful New Year!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

V - she is TOTALLY doing the Seminole warchant in video #2!! Go Lily and goooooo Noles! :)