Sunday, February 8, 2009

Definitely still a Lily!

We did the 4D ultrasound yesterday and I have to say, it was amazing and I'm so glad we did it. It isn't the still pictures that I'm impressed by, it was the whole process of seeing EXACTLY what she is doing in there. It was incredible.

Dustin and my good friend Tiffany went with me and I'm so glad they were able to experience seeing the whole thing. At first, the tech just had a regular 2D image of Lily's profile up on the screen (it was a HUGE 52" flat screen t.v.) and we were all thinking "mmmmm, ok? so?". Then she switched it over to 4D and it took all of our breath away to actually see her. She is certainly active in there, moving her arms all around, flexing, stretching, swallowing....just amazing.
Yes, I have to eat my words. I thought these 4D things were SUPER creepy before but now I see why everyone suggested we do one.


Here are some of the best pictures:

I thing she'll have my eyes.


Resting her head in her hand.


She already has Dustin's lips, for sure, and maybe his nose?

While we were at this ultrasound open house event, they had a photographer there taking some maternity pictures. For $20 she gave 10 images on a disc. Although we weren't dressed for it, we thought for $20 it would be fun to get a couple of shots. They aren't great pictures but whatever. It was fun.









I start my 25th week pf pregnancy tomorrow! 15 more weeks, give or take and we will be parents. Unreal. I cannot wait to meet her. This whole thing seems surreal to me but seeing her yesterday gave me a dose of reality. So much to do, so much to think about. It's very exciting.

I actually have other things to post about, other than baby related, if you can believe it. I don't want to overload this post so I'll save it but I just wanted to mention it so everyone knows that I actually DO have a life outside of pregnancy. Sometimes that's even hard for ME to believe!

3 comments:

Nicolasa said...

such an amazing time for you and Dustin! I can only imagine how unreal it all must be! Enjoy it while you can!

Anonymous said...

When the 4D thing first came out I thought it was creepy too, but over time I've come to think they are awesome. Glad you were able to do this!

I also see that the photog did the token hand-heart over the belly thing...lucky!

Christy said...

Those are amazing ultrasound pics! You've got a beautiful baby girl in there. :)
Good deal on the pics..you can't beat that and you've got some great ones in there too.