Friday, February 27, 2009

Bragging.

Even though it's been a couple of weeks since Valentine's Day, I needed to take a minute to brag about my husband. Better late than never.
We're not huge Valentine's Day people. We always do something but it usually doesn't involve spending much money, if any. We don't like to buy into the commercial end of the "holiday". This year, my sweet husband surprised me with a dozen roses, a picnic at the beach park, a pedicure and a massage (for both of us). Ok, so he spent a little bit of money but I'm not complaining!
It was all a complete surprise because I thought he had to work. When I found out, by accident (he was trying to make it a surprise that he was not working), that he didn't, I thought that was my gift, a day with him before I had to fly to San Diego the next day. Instead, while I was in the shower, he left the house and just left me a note, with the dozen roses, instructing me to go down to the beach park. He had the picnic set up by the waterway, which was delicious and beautiful.
I thought THAT was my gift, which was more than enough.
He then gave me a card with the next part of the day, which was the pedicure and the couples massage at a spa in Sarasota. It was the perfect day.
I'm not sure what I did to deserve this man. I question that often. He is so amazing and takes such good care of me in a lot of ways. I hope Lily is just like him.

Dustin has recently been working on this:

It isn't finished yet. He needs to add a couple of embellishments (butterflies and lady bugs) and then I'm going to hang them separately over her changing table with green ribbon. Yes, he has a couple of unfinished projects in her room but I am working on accepting the fact that his art work needs to be done in his own time =).

Belly update:


I started taking the pictures a little further away from the camera because the naked belly is starting to look pretty creepy!
I'm going into my 28th week now, which means the FINAL trimester. For those of you that don't understand pregnancy weeks, that essentially means that I am going to be a mom in 9-12 weeks! That sounds impossible to me!
I'm feeling good. The fatigue is starting to come back quite a bit but I was warned about that happening. Breathing can sometimes be a challenge because everything is getting squished in my body right now but it's definitely nothing to complain about.
I had my last doctor's appointment this past Wednesday and everything went well. I'm still measuring a week ahead of time, which really means very little, unfortunately! I only gained 3lbs between appointments this time, which was the least weight gain yet (phew!!). I guess a little exercise and some cutting back on Chick-fil-a DOES actually work =)

My aunt and uncle from Chicago have been in town for almost a month, which has been so great having them around. When they're here, it makes me miss having a bunch of family near by, which has been years since that was the case. I think pregnancy has really made me appreciate family and friends so much more. I just want to always be around all the supportive people I have in my life right now.

Speaking of friends, the baby shower countdown is on! 3 weeks from tomorrow and 13 FIFs to look forward to! I cannot believe it! We're so excited!

3 comments:

Nicolasa said...

You definitely deserve to brag about that one! I even read it to Jarod to show him the things other men do for their wives! hahaha.
I love the Lily paintings, they will look amazing when they are done.

Anonymous said...

W00t for awesome husbands and FIF's taking over Venice!

Anonymous said...

Aw... Dustin is the best, we had so much fun with you guys when you were out here. And I absolutely cannot WAIT for the FIF invasion!