Monday, January 26, 2009

It better still be a girl!

I have been hearing all of these stories about pregnant women that are told they are carrying a girl, around their 17-19th week, only to find out at a later ultrasound that it is actually a boy!

This has made me so nervous (due to all of the work we've done on the room and registering) that I actually scheduled a 4D ultrasound for February 7th! I got a coupon in the mail (yes, a coupon for an ultrasound. You get some weird stuff in the mail when retailers find out you're pregnant) so I decided to just go ahead and do it. I'll be almost 25 weeks at that point so there shouldn't be much room for error!

In some ways this pregnancy has flown by so far. When I was going through my belly pics, I found my earliest one at 6 weeks and decided to compare it to this week, going into my 23rd:

I can't believe the difference from September to January....and look how much tanner I was! Damn!

Nursery progress:
The furniture is all together. We're just waiting on the rocking chair glider. Dustin did an awesome job on it and the painting too. He started playing around with free handing some water lilies:


I love it. It's simple and child like, just like I envisioned. Of course, my art perfectionist husband thinks it's too amateur but he seems to forget this is for a newborn!

Furniture:

This room is super hard to take pics of but you get the idea. Ignore the blue painting tape around the baseboards.






The pic above is just so everyone can see how much I've changed overall. The only part of me that hasn't grown much is my arms. No one ever told me that your ass gets huge during pregnancy. Maybe it's just me? I hear these pregnant girls saying that they are still in their pre-pregnancy jeans at 18 weeks. It makes me very envious. I won't even say when I grew out of mine!
The pic below is Lily's first shower gift from her Auntie Gina, who was visiting from Chicago last weekend. Lily is going to be one spoiled little girl, I can already see it. This basket was filled with great stuff for her.


The baby shower date is set for March 21st and I am over the moon excited. We're doing a non-traditional couples shower, back yard BBQ style. Dustin really wanted to be there and we figured this would be the best way! My amazing mom and friends are planning it and so many people are flying in from so many different places. A bunch of my FIFs (freaky internet friends) are coming and I will be meeting a few of them for the first time! This group of women have been amazingly supportive and present in the last year and a half of my life and I am so excited that they want to be a part of this. We feel so lucky.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

The nursery looks amazing! D did such a great job. You look fabulous! Can't wait to see you in person.

Anonymous said...

You are so fucking adorable I'm not sure if I can stand it!

I'm so glad you went with the espresso colored stuff. It looks fantastic!

Christy said...

Love the nursery!
You still have a beautiful belly. :)
Damn... no big butts, I don't need that. I want big boobs!!! :D