Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In other news...

I promised in my last post that I do, indeed, have a life outside of pregnancy. Airplanes. That has been it in a nutshell. I have had to fly to San Diego twice in the past two weeks. Once for an interview and once for a formal orientation for a company that I have been technically working for for over three years!

The first trip out, Dustin came with and we made a nice weekend out of it. We had dinner with friends, two out of the three nights, and went to San Diego Zoo. It was nice and relaxing, especially for Dustin. I think he slept 99.9% of the weekend, which he needed.





Traveling is always so interesting and exhausting to me. I always end up sitting next to the person who brings hard boiled eggs or some other smelly substance. On my second trip out, it was an old lady with egg salad and fake, drawn in eyebrows. She was a little scary and did not stop staring at me the entire flight. Maybe she was attracted to my pregnant belly? Maybe I reminded her of someone? I don't know. I always like to make these observations while traveling though. It helps pass the time. I think of how I would write my experience in a novel form each time I'm on a long flight. What characters would I create? Who would be the lead? I think of weird shit like that.


So, about my job...It's a complicated story but to give you Cliff Notes, I got a new job working directly for the company that my previous employers used to distribute for. I am now a "direct sales rep" with BREG. It's a very good thing. BREG is a great company with great staff. I feel very supported by everyone there and I am basically doing the same job as I have been, with a few more rules.

I'm not so sure if I'll make an outstanding corporate employee, merely for the fact that I am so independent and have had a ton of autonomy with my last employer, but I am determined to make it work and absorb myself in it. It will be different, but a good different in a lot of ways. The most exciting part? Health insurance. I have fabulous health insurance. The little things excite me now.

I am now in direct competition with my previous employers, which should be interesting. They were not happy to see me go but I'll just say that they had their chance to make things work. All in all, this was a good move for me and my family.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

yup. still love that panda picture.