Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trendy.

It seems to me that everyone is a photographer these days. All of my friends have these fancy cameras and are taking AMAZING pictures with very little training.

Well, let me jump on that train.

Dustin and I have wanted a DSLR for quite awhile but never wanted to spend the money. Ok, that isn't true. Those cameras scared the shit out of me because there is so much to learn about them.

After a lot of research and comparison, we ended up with the Canon Rebel XS. It came with a 18-55 lens, which I know is just a starter lens, but we plan on getting the 55/1.8 and then a telescopic for surfing pictures.

I read the entire manual this morning. Ok, that isn't true either, but I did read most of it. It's still so confusing to me: aperture, ISO, shutter speeds, blah, blah. There are quite a few settings, some manual, some automatic...but all confusing.

So, I sucked up my pride and sought out the photography advice of The Pioneer Woman. This is a trendy train I have never jumped on to, this Pioneer Woman. Probably because I don't cook and could not give two shits how she met her husband....but now I have a reason.

I digress.

Anyway, here are some samples, most taken in the Automatic setting without any photo editing at all...







Not bad for my first shot at it, if I do say so myself. I know we have a lot to learn but this is fun. 
Any tips would be appreciated!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Great pics!!!

Christy said...

Lovely pics.
I know! Everyone has a DSLR or is a photographer. Crazy!
I'm with you on whole DSLR confusion & intimidation. We've had ours for 3-4 years now and I'm just now picking it up. :)

Happy Photographing!