Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Final Thoughts

Farewell 2008!
I started to write a heartfelt post about what 2008 has meant to me and how it was truly one of the best years of my life...but I got a little lost in my own words for some reason. I am just not in a creative mood but feel like typing.
Being that it is December 31st at almost 8pm, I decided to just copy this from a friend (thanks Jess):

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got pregnant, hiked in southern Costa Rica, took a 12 seater plane across Costa Rica, bought a new car.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I do not make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! Everyone. Anne Marie, Jody, Jaime, and a newer friend, Jessica.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, not close to me but I did attend two funerals.

5. What countries did you visit?
Costa Rica and the Bahamas

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Confidence in my job/career path.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 9th- our courthouse "wedding day" and Dave Matthews.
August 9th- our actual wedding day...actually, the whole vacation will be etched in my mind forever.
September 16th- the day I found out I was pregnant.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning a destination wedding and learning how to handle certain conflict with family.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My workout schedule, post positive pregnancy test. Fail. Big fail.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides morning sickness, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the trip to Costa Rica that Dustin and I bought collectively.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband's, for putting up with me through a lot of hormones and the way he handled a delicate situation.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I would like to vent and answer this honestly, but this is the interwebs and it can't be a safe thing to do.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding trip, savings.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Costa Rica, as always, and getting pregnant...well, excited and scared shitless.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Steady As We Go" Dave Matthews

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? way fatter ;-)
c) richer or poorer? richer, actually

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Volunteer work.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complain about issues that will never change.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family and some friends, eating a lot.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with my unborn daughter.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Dancing With the Stars (don't laugh at me)

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
I didn't actually finish a book this year, as sad as that is.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pandora.com, thanks to my fifs. LOVE it.

26. What did you want and get?
The fact that my dog stayed healthy, despite his grim diagnosis. So far, so good.

27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing, really.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I saw any movie from this year! Oh wait! Juno!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32 and my mom just had a little dinner party for me. I had just found out that I was pregnant 4 days before that!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Staying in Costa Rica for about another month and seeing more of my friends and family.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I don't even know what this means.

32. What kept you sane?
My husband, my friends and my parents.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
"Fancy"? Wow, that's a word that I don't use too often.
I always "fancy" looking at Matthew McConahay.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the issue of gay marriage. I won't get into it but the fact that Amendment 2 was widely accepted in Florida severely disappointed me.


35. Who did you miss?
My grandma. Always. She has been gone for 6 years now and it still doesn't feel "normal" without her.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Well, I actually met her in 2007 but we became close friends in '08. Tiffany. I love her and her friendship has been priceless this year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
To not have such high expectations for other people. They do not live in my world, they live in their own.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It's more like the whole song, "Steady As We Go" by Dave Matthews. of course:

I'll walk halfway around the world
Just to sit down by your side
And I would do most anything, girl
To be the apple of your eye
Well troubles, they may come and go
But good times, they're the gold
And if the road gets rocky, girl
Just steady as we go

Any place you wanna go
Know I'll be next to you
If it's treasure, baby, you're looking for
I'll search the whole world through
I know troubles, they may come and go
But good times, they're the gold
So if the road gets rocky, girl
Just steady as we go

When the storm comes down you shelter me
When I don't say a word and you know exactly what i mean
In the darkest times, oh, you shine on me
You set me free and keep me steady as we go

So if your heart wrings dry, my love
I will fill your cup
And if your load gets heavy, girl
I will lift you up
Well troubles, they may come and go
But good times be the gold
So if the road gets rocky, girl
Just steady as we go

No comments: