Wednesday, December 10, 2008

17 Things About Me...

...that you might not care about learning but I'm going to tell you anyway. I was tagged by one of my freaky internet friends to do this, so I will. Talking about yourself is good for the soul...right?!

1.) I have a baby blanket that my grandma made for me when I was about two. I still sleep with it. I usually keep it in my pillowcase. There is basically nothing left to it and I cannot quite pinpoint why I cannot get rid of it but there is a large possibility that I will have it until it disintegrates. And no, I do not bring it with me when I travel and I can sleep just fine without it.

2.) When I was in high school, I was on a dance team called the Dazzlerettes. We were a small group of juniors and seniors that danced for community events like parades, festivals and charity events. I sucked terribly at dancing and I really never knew why I made the team but I had a blast doing it and I miss dancing like that.

3.) I have always had a passion for writing. Nothing in particular but I always had a knack for it and excelled at research papers, etc., in college. Sometimes I wish I would had pursued it as a career but then I remind myself that deadlines make me stress out so it would have not been a great option for me.

4.) My degree is actually in Social Work and I graduated when I was 21. I'm very proud of my college years, mainly because of my volunteer work. I volunteered an insane amount of hours to domestic violence shelters and the department of juvenile justice. I am not proud of abandoning the field but financially, it was impossible to stay.

5.) I worked at Hooters for two years in college and I am actually proud of that too, as self centered and shallow as that sounds. It was a really fun job and I met some great girls there. I was also friends with all of the guys in the band Creed because their girlfriends worked with me. That was my brush with fame and my "name drop".

6.) I had my first restaurant job when I was 12, washing dishes (by hand) one night a week at an Italian restaurant. That is when my love for restaurant work began and nine years later, I ended up waiting tables at that exact same location (under a different name), to compensate for my social worker salary.

7.) I am not a big fan of garlic. I find it too over powering.

8.) Before Dustin and I even started dating, I would walk by him at work (at that same restaurant mentioned above) just to try to smell him. I love his smell.

9.) Most people know this but for those who don't, I don't drink alcohol. I just don't like it. There isn't any bigger reason than that. I don't like the way it tastes. Not beer, not liquor, not wine. It's just not my thing. If I do have a drink, it has to be really sweet and I won't drink more than half of it. I have not been drunk since I was 15.

10.) I am an only child and even my extended family is very small. I am the youngest out of all of my first and second cousins. For these reasons (and more, obviously), I am very close with my parents.

11.) I love, love, love college football (primarily FSU, of course). I could sit on the couch all day on any given Saturday and watch games. I am into football WAY more than Dustin...but I hate watching NFL.

12.) I am abnormally disturbed by vomiting, whether it's myself, someone else or even on T.V. I have even had panic attacks if I see someone vomit, as if I am afraid that something terrible is going to happen to that person. I don't know where this fear orginated. I am extremely bothered by it and I don't know how I will deal with my sick child.

13.) I love the smell of coconut, pineapple, Christmas trees, coffee and eucalyptis. Not all together.

14.) I once "sprained" my ankle when I was a freshman in high school. I realllllly milked it because the guy I had a crush on had a broken leg and I wanted to be on crutches too so I could have something to talk to him about. I could have gone without the crutches.

15.) I'm a homebody. Although I like going out to be social, I love coming home, putting on sweats and curling up on the couch to watch a movie or screw around online.

16.) Although I love certain aspects of my job, I miss being a waitress. If someone told me I could make the same money as I do now waitressing or managing a small mom and pop restaurant, I would go back in a heartbeat.

17.) I hate going to the movies, cooking, getting gas, folding laundry, painting my toe nails, and yard work!

Ok, so that was technically more than 17 things. I got a little carried away. At least no one can say they don't know anything about me!

No comments: