Monday, November 17, 2008

Bigger is better!

Well, it's not the best picture in the world but there it is...my bump. I think this is the first week that bloat is not effecting my belly at all, that's all baby (or uterus, if you will).
With this growth comes some pain, I'm not going to lie. I had a lot of round ligament pain for a couple of days last week. Friday it was constant. It isn't a horrible pain, just uncomfortable. Sleeping has become a bit of a challenge because of all of the pulling and stretching. I didn't think sleeping would be an issue so soon but hey, I didn't know anything else about pregnancy, apparently! Headaches have also been very prevalent this week. I think most of it is sinus related but pregnancy can also cause them. They aren't your normal, run of the mill headaches either. They are SERIOUS headaches. I have never had a migraine but I'm guessing these are pretty close.
None of the above matters though as long as this little one is healthy and thriving...and as long as I can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner! Next weekend, our project is to start organizing and moving things around to get ready for the nursery! We need to do a lot of condensing and throwing away...well, my husband does, not me. He keeps everything under the sun so this is going to be a challenge.
I went to my friend Susie's yesterday for a "Body Shop" party and spent way too much money on lotion, but that's not the point of the story. There were seven of us pregnants there, seven! We're all in different phases, which was very fun to talk about. It felt great to be around a group of women that were in the moment with me. We compared notes on our physical status, bitched and talked about how no one understands us right now. It was fantastic.
In other news...
Dustin is still working on the reef tank like it's his full time job. I would post pictures but we have an algae bloom and it isn't pretty. That's what he is currently working on fixing. We have three major tenants in there now: a tomato clown fish (a big "Nemo"), a six lined rass, and a royal gamma. We also have a bunch of starfish, snails and hermit crabs. I would have never guessed how fun they are to watch, to tell you the truth. I just didn't realize the amount of effort it takes to maintain this thing. Am I starting to get jealous of a fish tank??
I want to say congratulations to my friend Jessica and her husband Sal. Jessica gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Joseph Henry, early Sunday morning. He's gorgeous!

3 comments:

Nicolasa said...

OMG Vanessa! Your belly is beautiful! I am so happy for you two and the journey you are on right now! Such a fun time! It is pretty cool that you were surrounded by SEVEN other pg women!
<3Nic

Anonymous said...

I love your bump! xoxo Lisa

Jessica said...

Beautiful baby belly, V. It will all be worth it in the end. I promise.