Thursday, November 6, 2008

"See what a lil sex does??"

We had our 11 week appointment today! There are two docs in the practice and throughout the pregnancy, I will see both of them and one of them will definitely deliver the baby. This time, it was with Dr. Cohen. We love them both but this guy was awesome.

Dr. Cohen is a Jamaican man, which is important because you have to imagine the accent with everything he said, such as the title of this post! He said that right as he was finding the baby via ultrasound. Hi.larious. He is a great doc though with a fantastic sense of humor. He continually said, "stop movin baybah", so he could get some good pictures. He also said, "AYYY! There's the top of your uterus love!", as he pressed down on my belly. I giggled like a school girl the whole time. It was great!

Here are some snapshots:






It's ok if you're not sure what you're looking at. I really didn't either until the doc told us!

Both Dustin and I welled up with tears the minute we saw that baby jump around. It is truly real now and so amazing. The little heartbeat was 166 BPM! We heard it on the doppler which was crazy!

I'm feeling a little better this week. The fatique is still non-stop but the nausea seems to be waning a bit, thank the lord. My hair is dry, my gums bleed, my boobs are still sore and I don't fit into any clothes (don't get me started on maternity clothes!)...but I'll take all of that over the nausea any day!

Here is my weekly bellyshot:




Bear wanted in on the shot, I guess=)

Other than that, my husband is out in the Gulf of Mexico, as I type, getting his 100 gallons of salt water to fill the tank. We should have fish in there as early as next week. I'll post pics when it's finished!

Lastly, congrats to our country for making a great choice. I was going to post a whole thread about the election because I have some strong feelings towards what's going on right now, but I just don't have any more energy for it. All I'm going to say is that all of the far right conservatives that are acting like fools over this election...GET OVER IT! Obama is going to be your president too so I suggest you research all about him and stop believing vicious rumors.

Myself, I am ecstatic about this upcoming change for our country. I've never been so proud to be an American!

8 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I love that Dr. Cohen is Jamaican...didn't see that one coming :)

Natalie said...

So exciting! I'm glad you're feeling better and you are still tiny - your belly is smaller than my non pregnant one. I hope you get this dr. again, he's funny!

Jessica said...

How exciting for you! I can't wait until the week before Christmas so I know if the baby needs a boy blanket or a girl one. maternity leave = lots of time to sew

Nicolasa said...

I am so excited for you Vanessa! I can imagine that is a moment you'll always remember! I am glad you're feeling better! Keep those belly pics coming! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds like a fun appointment!

Bear wanted in the picture to show his excitement for the everlasting lollipop you're growing for him in there. Sometimes there are extra treats - like spit up! Nom nom nom.

Anonymous said...

OMG Vanessa, how exciting! SQUEE!! It's so little but I can totally see it there. I also love that Bear wanted his picture taken, too.

CMC said...

Yay! How exciting :) You look great!

Christy said...

Cute bump & baby! :)