Wednesday, August 8, 2012

4.

4 years ago tonight, we were sitting at Ronny's Place in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, at our rehearsal dinner, with this view...

Our rehearsal dinner was simple, like everything in Costa Rica. It was held at an open-air, no frills restaurant. As we were pulling up, our wedding coordinator came racing to our car to inform Dustin and I that the restaurant made a mistake and forgot about our party, which meant no buffet meal. I said, "Oh, well, do they have a table for us?", "Well, yes.", Karen replied. "Ok, great. Let's eat off the menu!"...and so we did. A limited menu of 4 dishes we had to choose from, while some of our food cooked in a toaster over, as observed by one of our wedding guests. It was delicious. It was perfect.

And the very next day I married someone very special....


Every year I get so nostalgic as I think back to this trip. I liked the words I put together in last year's post. It wasn't just about a wedding. It was a celebration, sure, but it was the most amazing memories because of who accompanied us. We were definitely missing quite a few important people for one reason or another, but it was as close to perfection as we could get.

Happy 4 years, babe. I love this life we have. Thank you for being you and giving me such an amazing life. I love you.

No comments: