Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My kind of town.

This post is 2 months overdue. I really suck at this blogging thing, huh?
My cousin got married in the suburbs Memorial Day weekend so we decided to make a weekend out of it. Dustin and I spent a whirlwind two days in the Windy City. I'm originally from the suburbs of Chicago but I haven't been a tourist in the city for many years. Dustin has never been to a city bigger than Tampa. He was convinced he would hate a big city and always insists that city life isn't for him. Well, I swear that he was ready to move there after being in that city for a couple of hours. 


Chicago is such a clean, radient, friendly city with so much to offer. The weather could not have been more perfect and the energy there was so great.


We...
Stayed at Hotel 71, on the corner of Whacker and State Street, right on the river with a fantastic view.



Walked for miles and miles, looking at Navy Pier, the skyline, Millenium Park, and so much more.









Ate.



Shopped.




Went to the Shedd Aquarium which was FAR superior to any aquarium here in Florida. That holds irony for me.


Got a tattoo. My husband did, anyway.



And we relaxed.



It was such a fun mini tour of the city. I wish we had a couple more nights there. We definitely plan to go back just to play tourist again. Everyone should visit Chicago at least once in their life. It's such a unique, beautiful city.


We also had a blast with family in the suburbs. My cousin Jeff married a wonderful woman and it was such a fun wedding.



Next trip: Costa Rica, of course. 4 weeks, 5 days, and 18 hours. I might be counting.




No comments: