Friday, August 10, 2012

Anniversaries.

1st {2009}...
Actually, I had zero recollection of our first anniversary. None. I knew we were knee deep in newborn, with Lily being around 10 weeks old. I just looked to see what pictures we took around that time and here is what I came up with:
Oh yeah! I remember now. We went to St. Augustine with a barely-three-month-old!! I noted that the stats said this was taken at 5:30am on 8/9/09...

2nd {2010}...
We had just moved into our new house. I have no idea how we celebrated but I do know that we took this picture on August 9, 2010:
(Why is my memory so bad??)

3rd {2011}...
I remember exactly what we did on our third. It was the day we left for Costa Rica, spending a week with our friends Kim and Robby:
4th {2012}...
We went paddle boarding and relaxed in the sun most of the day:
We laid on the paddle boards, connected ourselves with a paddle, and floated down the bay, letting the current take us. We even {tried} to do yoga on them. It was the most relaxed I have been in so long.
In the evening, we took some take out back down to the beach and this came on Pandora radio:

Our wedding song. It was completely random.

I have come to realize that anniversaries are really a celebration of navigating through a pretty tough journey. Marriage isn't always tough, of course, but life is in general. It's weathering the storms together and seeing how strong you become from that. It's about teaming up and learning how to parent your emotional three year old. It's about realizing why you make sense as a couple. It's about so much and every year we tend to celebrate us more and more.
I'm a lucky girl to have so much to celebrate.






No comments: