Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I don't know anything about a groundhog.

Dustin had to explain Groundhog Day to me today. I guess spring is coming early, or some crap like that. Whatever. We live in Florida and it never gets colder than 50 degrees here. I don't care about the groundhog's shadow.

Life has been flying by in it's typical fashion. Lily started preschool this week. Traumatic, I tell you. More for me than for her, I'm sure. Read more about it here on my mama blog, if you'd like.

I am already obsessing about having to go to San Diego in a a couple weeks for work. I love California and I'm excited to have some free time out there to meet up with my dear friend Jessica who just had a (second!) baby boy a few weeks ago, but being away from Lily gives me anxiety. I don't know that I'll ever get used to it.

I cannot wait for flu season to getthefuckoutofourhouse. Someone in this house has been sick for the past few months and its making me neurotic. (Ok, maybe not making me neurotic because that shipped had already sailed, but it isn't helping the cause).

I really want to start blogging more, and I have so much to get out of my head, but I always get a mad case of writer's block when I sit down to let it out.

I have been dreaming about, where else, Costa Rica these past couple of days. I need some serenity and relaxation. Work is making me crazy.

I didn't really intend on this post being so random but it's working out ok.

The question of, "Where do you see yourself in ten years" is interesting to me. Thinking back ten years ago, I could have never have imagined to have this life that I have today. I'm pretty proud of where I am, stress and all. I hope I'm just as proud in my 40's.

Gross. I just realized I'm only 6 years away from 40.

I need to start going to bed earlier. Good night.

1 comment:

Christy said...

lol this comment "Gross. I just realized I'm only 6 years away from 40." made me think of When Harry Met Sally.
I always get confused by what it means if Phil sees/doesn't see his shadow and have to be reminded by the hubs.