Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Visiting a bit.

Last weekend my dear friend Jaime and her family came down from New Hamphshire to visit...
{Jaime and her 8 month old, Emma}
{At the Old Salty Dog in Sarasota}
They had been planning this trip for a little over a month and we were so excited to spend some time with them. We had great intentions for the 5 days to relax and just spend quality time with them, without a lot of plans. Well, the best laid plans can crumble into a weekend of the stomach flu (for me), so needless to say, our visit was cut much too short.

But, in the two healthy days, Jaime and I were able to escape for pedicures and Starbucks, we all went to our community's park, ate some home cooked meals, and went to Sarasota's Mote Marine Aquarium...
{Lily and Ryan at Mote}
{The stroller brigade- Emma, our friend Susie's girl Taylor, and Lily}
It was still a great visit with a beautiful family. 

It's amazing to me that Jaime and I have been friends for 24 years. We met in middle school when we were only 12 years old. We were inseparable throughout most of high school and have always remained close, through thick and thin. 

Being together now as parents and "grown ups" is such a shock to my psyche. It seems like just yesterday that Jaime and I were out every weekend getting drunk on Budweiser and writing "I <3 So and So" on our notebook that we passed back and forth to write one another letters in, (because, you know, we couldn't have possibly been ok with just talking in between classes or after school). We were every sense of the phrase "boy crazy" and were always into some kind of trouble. (Always the fun kind of trouble.)

What was, and still is, magnetic about Jaime is her soul. She is honestly a rare find. Non judgmental, carefree and easy going. She has supported me through some of the most dark portions of my life, when many friends made themselves scarce, and always had a positive spin to put on things for me. 

I'm thankful for the short-but-sweet visits that we're able to have now, although I miss our more intense, crazier times. I am truly blessed to have so many memories with such an amazing person.

Thanks for the visit, Devine Family. Hopefully we'll all be vomit-free next time around :)


1 comment:

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Yay for a visit! As soon as I saw the pictures I knew I recognized Jamie for some reason!