Thursday, December 9, 2010

Noel, Noel...so I took a bus.

If you're from Chicago, you'll understand that title.

Since I've lived in Florida, which is now 24 years, it has always been a challenge to get into the Christmas spirit because it's always 90 degrees on Christmas morning. The only thing that keeps my spirits hopeful every year are traditions that we have built upon since we've lived here.

One tradition that we started in 2008 was Christmas Photo Cards. Noticed I linked you to Shutterfly? Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE GIVING AWAY FREE PHOTO CARDS, Y'ALL!!! {And yes, I am shamelessly writing this post so I can get in on the deal}.

We started the photo card tradition because, well, we like the "look how freakin cute we are" effect. I'm not modest.

In 2008, we used this photo, simply because it was our favorite from our August '08 wedding:
Last year, we used a few photos that my very talented friend Kerri Gagne took when Lily was just 7 months old:



This year we had another friend, Jennifer, snap some shots of us at Historic Spanish Pointe. We're waiting for those to arrive so I can't share yet, plus I'm not ruining the surprise!

As far as style of cards for this year...Shutterfly has so many options, I have no idea which one I'll choose. I love THIS ONE, THIS ONE, and THIS ONE.

And looking around at their other products, if we were having a New Year's party, I love this invitation. So cute.

And THESE make fabulous gifts. I bought one for myself last year and I love it.

So, I'm excited to carry out our first Christmas tradition of the season and get these ordered! I hope everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit and gearing up for food, family, and friends. 

{If you want in on this 50 free Christmas Card deal, click here. It's awesome.}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love those pictures! I've yet to take pictures of Emmalyn for our new years/birth announcement cards lol need to get on that! (at least i pre-labeled addresses before she was born--thank goodness) can't wait to see your new pics :)