Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful Weekend.

Regardless of having these feelings written in this post, I am having an amazing Thanksgiving weekend, filling it with family, friends, food, and a little shopping.

Something magical always comes out of the holidays and even though this Thanksgiving did not live up to my fantasy world expectations, I am still able to see the forest through the trees ( or is it trees through the forest? That always confuses me)...

I am thankful for toddler tantrums...because that means I have a healthy, normal child and was able to conceive.
I am thankful for arguments with my husband...because that means that I have a real relationship that takes work.
I am thankful for annoying family members...because that means I am surrounded by family, the most important thing in life.
I am thankful for gaining a pound or two...because that means I have plenty to eat.
I am thankful for missing Bear dog...because that means I had an amazing pet in my life that made quite an impact on me.
I am thankful for the frustrations of owning a brand new house...because that means we have an incredible roof over our heads.
I am thankful for frustrating day care searches....because that means that I have an amazing job to provide for my family.

Life is full of lessons, as cliche as that might sound, and being able to embrace these lessons is really an important part of everyone's journey. These past couple of months have been more difficult than most, in my reality, but some of the most amazing lessons are definitely emerging from them as well.

Now, I'm off to the store to get ready to watch Florida State kick ass against the Gators! I am SO thankful for college football.



Also, Happy 39th Anniversary to THE most amazing couple EVER...my parents! You are truly inspirational. We love you lots.

No comments: