Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A merry weekend.

We had an amazing Christmas, full of family, friends, gifts, and stress. Ok, not really stress but if you know me then you know I tend to get a little...hyper about things. I'm a planner and I like to have everything "perfect".

Christmas Eve dinner was at our house, where we fed 15...
 Dustin made snapper, boiled shrimp and stone crab. I made turkey lasagna. It was all delicious.


The baby entertained us all, of course. We stared at her as though we were all watching the most wonderful Broadway act of all time. She was well behaved and happy.

We were surrounded by friends and family, which is what makes holidays amazing, of course.

And on Christmas morning, we opened...
and opened....
and opened some more...
(that's Ty, our best friends' baby)
...until we went to the next house, to open more...
It was such a fun day. 

For me, I tend to love these days more and more when I reflect on them. Yes, sure, they're wonderful in the moment, but when I sit back, let everything sink in, look at pictures and process, I realize how truly amazing my life is and how truly blessed I am to have this close-to-perfect life. I suppose that's what the holidays are all about: realizing how rich you are, with or without money.



So, at the end of the weekend, was the stress to make everything "perfect" that I put on myself worth it?
No.
It was already "perfect" because of that little red head that couldn't wait to open another "preeesenth". I don't think anyone noticed how clean (or dirty, for that matter) my house was.

Here's to an amazing 2011. 

No comments: