Sunday, June 6, 2010

So much, yet so little.

We have been so busy around here...but I can't really tell you why. Not because it's top secret or anything, I just really can't pinpoint what we're so busy doing!

One thing that is definitely noteworthy is the weekend that my husband just gave me.

To back up a minute, we were supposed to be in Cancun this weekend with my company. Once a year my boss treats us to a weekend away somewhere. We went on a cruise a couple years ago, last year was Cabo (which I also missed) and this year was Cancun. It was in the works for months and Dustin and I were originally really excited about it.
Long story short: child care, schedules, family members having to be moved...all got in the way. I really didn't want to leave Lily for 3 nights again anyway, so I was more than ok with it.

Instead, Dustin planned a short weekend away...
We headed out at 9am for our massage appointments at our favorite spa in Sarasota. After that, we headed to Selby Gardens to walk around a bit. It is so gorgeous there...



Then we went to check into the Ritz...
This was our view. Yes, fancy! I had never stayed in a Ritz before and to be honest, I wouldn't spend that kind of money again. It was nice, but not shockingly different from any other hotel we've stayed in.

Then we headed to Ritz's portion of Lido beach...

Then we went to get some appetizers...
After a nap, we went out to dinner...
Then Dustin surprised me with...

Which was so unexpected and thoughtful.
Of course, we couldn't wait to get home this morning so we ate a quick breakfast and jetted out at 9:30am!
It was a perfect weekend. Dustin and I needed that reconnection in the worst way.
I know there isn't a lot of substance to this post but I needed to share, ok, brag about, my amazing weekend. I am a very lucky girl to have such an amazing husband.

4 comments:

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

What a fantastic weekend! I am so glad that you and D got away! AND that bracelet is beautiful! How sweet of him!

Christy said...

Sounds like a fun, well-deserved weekend! Cute bracelet. :)

melissa said...

Aww, such a great weekend! I know it was much needed, and am so glad you two had a fabulous time! Love the necklace too - D did good!

Mom of Twins! said...

Are you kidding me.....I am showing Kenny this post!! :) It sounds absolutely amazing and he is so freaking sweet to give you that gift!!! Fabulous! Call me to give me more details. missing ya!