Friday, July 31, 2009

Passing me by...

Time. Good lord.
I cannot believe that tomorrow is AUGUST! Lily will be 3 months old in just 2 weeks. Unbelievable. This seemed so far away when she was born!

We'll be taking her on her first vacation next weekend, for our 1st wedding anniversary. We're going to St. Augustine for 2 nights, somewhere where we've never been. We're so excited. It will be the perfect getaway, being that it's only a 4.5 hour drive. We need the break, just to relax as a family.

Nothing else really new. Lily is getting big and gorgeous. She is cooing more and more, giggling and listening intently to conversations. She follows voices and watches colors on TV (which we're trying to not let become a habit). She has amazing neck strength and can now support her own head. She still thinks her fist is the coolest thing ever. Oh, and, she is sleeping through the night, 10pm-8am! It's been 6 nights in a row now, so I don't want to jinx it, but it's been NICE.
She is just amazing.

Here is my most favorite picture of her so far. Just so happy and pretty...


We bought her this little pool thing, which she is still way too little for, but this was fun...


In other news...
Congrats to my friend Anne, who just found she and her husband are expecting their first baby!
Erin, we're waiting to meet Finn!
Caren & Rick, we're waiting to meet baby girl #2!

and, what I'm most proud of right now....
My husband was hired to be a featured artist at Mineral Nights, a nightclub in Sarasota (here). He will be painting there tomorrow night from 10pm-2am and then his work will be raffled off! This will be huge for him to get his name out there as an artist. I'm proud of you babe! Good luck!

I can't think of anything else...I'm sure I have more to tell but I'm working off of 2 hours of sleep (mild case of insomnia last night).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 you guys!

Christy said...

What a cutie pie!
She IS getting so big. Time flies. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Vanessa, I cannot get over how different Lily is starting to look, in such a short amount of time! Arrrrgh I can't wait to meet her!

And I hope Dustin gets discovered and becomes the artist of the century! :D

Mom of Twins! said...

Congrats Dustin!! I love her, she is so sweet and that picture is amazing. You guys are such a beautiful family!!!