Thursday, July 9, 2009

One year ago...








Dustin and I were legally married at the Sarasota County court house in Venice. Not a lot of people know about that, but it was a fun day and one I will cherish.

Yes, our wedding was August 9th, 2008 in Costa Rica but we chose to make it legal before we left. This saved us a lot of money and hassle. Getting married internationally is not easy!

Thinking back to this day a year ago makes me so happy for so many reasons. Here is what I remember from that day....
  • It was just the two of us at the court house, in shorts and t-shirts.
  • It was strange to leave there legally married.
  • We tried very hard to create no significance to the day because 8/9/08 would be our anniversary.
  • We spent the entire day together, mostly running errands for the wedding.
  • We went to our first Dave Matthews concert in Tampa that night.
  • We ate sandwiches on the way there.
  • There was a really bad thunderstorm as the concert began and we were in a venue that was half exposed to the elements.
  • Dustin bought me a gorgeous pair of earrings for a wedding gift.
We were so excited for our upcoming Costa Rica trip! I was in full planning mode, trying to help all of our guests prepare and trying to get my wedding dress fitted properly (it took 4 fittings!). It was just an amazing time filled with so much anticipation and happiness.

Although it isn't our anniversary, I will always have a special place in my heart for this date. It signifies an incredible beginning to our lives together as a married couple. So much has changed in a year but it honestly feels like just yesterday!

I love you Dustin. Thank you for being my heart and soul.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary Part One! :D

I know what you mean...we were legally married here in the states too (4/21), but don't celebrate that date as our anniversary. It still holds significance for us though--as the 1st time Dan & I kissed. :-)