Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finding my Zen

I haven't posted in awhile because I realized that all I do is bitch lately!

I'm working on finding my zen these last few weeks of pregnancy. Positives mantras are constantly in the dialogue of my mind. No, this part of pregnancy is not easy but I am definitely loving these last few weeks of just Dustin and I. It's weird to think that it will never just be the two of us again. It's such a mix of emotions at this point!

One of my friends recently read my blog and said that it was scaring her out of ever getting pregnant. I do feel bad for that. I don't mean for it all to sound negative, I really don't. It IS amazing, trust me. Every movement that Lily makes confirms that this is all worth it.

However, on the flip side, there are a lot of things that definitely suck about pregnancy and I'm not one to keep quiet about them. Call me a complainer, if you'd like. I'd rather look at it as just plain honesty. I have yet to meet a pregnant woman that LOOOOOOVES pregnancy. Don't confuse that with a mom who THINKS that she loved pregnancy. She just doesn't remember!

So, here I am, almost 37 weeks. This translates into....FULL TERM! She's cooked and ready. Now she just needs to cooperate.

Physically, I'm hanging in there. I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both of my arms, resulting from fluid retention around my wrists and nerves. This hurts like a bitch, I'm not going to lie. My swelling is increasing little by little. My doc suggested I cute back on my salt intake...sure. My contractions are starting to get more and more uncomfortable, which would be great, if they meant something! Some days I don't mind the discomforts at all, others, I could potentially hurt someone because I am so crabby.
I'm still up and around, working and trying to stay as active as possible. I try to take a walk every night and Dustin and I have been going to the beach every weekend. I cannot wait to bring Lily down there!

Speaking of the beach, this was from today, 36 weeks, 5 days down!


And Dustin thought this would be funny. I agree only because it is SO far fetched, pregnant or not...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too cute :)

Heather said...

you are so adorable I can't stand it.

Nicolasa said...

You look fantastic! Love it, love YOU!

Jessica said...

Cutest pregnant person EVER.

Christy said...

You ARE the cutest pregnant girl ever!
Thanks for being honest. I know I appreciate it.
Sorry that you have carpal tunnel now. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Aw. i love you - I'm afraid of having a baby, but not because of you, darling!