Wednesday, April 15, 2009

5lbs 8oz....Already!


Growth ultrasound picture taken today. Yes, I know the picture is crooked. I'm lazy. I don't feel like editing it. This was the only decent picture that we got out of 10. I liked this one because she was sucking her thumb!

That's right, my kid is big. Not out of control big, but big. 5lbs 8oz at 34 weeks, 3 days. She will be gaining about an ounce a day from here on out and I have 42 days left until my estimated due date. If you do the math, that's a little over 8lbs if I go to the full 40 weeks. Again, not a monster but scary enough for me...especially when the ultrasound tech said, "Wow, she has a nice size head!". Wow. Thanks. My birth canal thanks you too.

All good news today though. Still no markers for Down's Syndrome (see post from December about that scare, in case you missed it), all her organs look great, heartbeat is great, fluid is perfect...like I said, all good news! There is apparently no threat of preterm labor either, according to the ultrasound, so these annoying contractions are just part of pregnancy for me. My doctor suggested on Friday, at my follow up appointment from the preterm labor scare, that I still take it easy since the contractions are clearly related to my activity level. No problem. I don't feel like doing much these days anyway!

Here's how I'm looking these days....




As far as how I'm feeling...well...hmmm...

Positives:
  • I love to feel Lily move.
  • I'm getting really close to meeting Lily, which is so exciting to me, obviously.
  • I don't have any stretch marks yet.
  • I am not on bedrest.

Negatives:
  • I'm swollen.
  • I'm huge (for my normal self).
  • I'm crabby.
  • My hips hurt.
  • I can't sleep well.
  • I'm tired.
  • My feet hurt.
  • I'm hungry all.of.the.time...but get nauseated after most meals.
  • I pee every 20 minutes.
  • Nothing fits me.
  • I'm crabby.
  • I'm crabby.
  • I want to kill anyone that says anything about my weight.

Yep, this part of pregnancy is not the prettiest. All of my mommy friends warned me about this stage and here it is. I can see why some women do not want to work up until their due date. It's enough work just growing the kid and carrying it around at this point! Honestly, I know I have very little to complain about...but I do it anyway.

Here is some nursery pictures. We're considering it done now. I love it! Dustin did an amazing job on the painting and embellishments. He copied her bedding for the lady bugs and butterflies.






And here is another homemade gift from my friend Erin. She made these adorable frames for all of her current pregnant friends. Too cute.




Check out my friend Nicolasa's new blog:
http://naivehappiness.blogspot.com
She decided to do an uplifting blog with just pictures of happy things, submitted by whoever. Book mark it. It will make you smile, for sure.


5 comments:

Christy said...

The nursery looks wonderful.
Yay for no stretch marks! Lucky! ;)

Christine said...

Lily's nursery is so pretty. You look so cute whether you believe it or not :)

Natalie said...

All great news, and everything looks incredible (including you)!

Nicolasa said...

Everything looks awesome!
Thanks so much for the shout out! <3

Mom of Twins! said...

You have absolutely the most beautiful nursery! I love it!