Monday, March 30, 2009

Who makes gifts anymore??

My friends do!
One of the best surprises that we received at out shower were the homemade gifts. Being that I do not seem to do ANYTHING domestic, craftiness intrigues and impresses me. I wanted to share pictures of the beautiful homemade gifts that Lily received...

From my friend Jess, she made Lily a reversible patchwork quilt (and yes Jess, I stole your pictures!):



and she even embroidered her name on it!


Then, my friends Kelly and Anne crocheted gifts (I hope it's crocheting. I told you, I'm not crafty). Kelly on the left with a sweet little sweater and Anne on the right with an awesome blankie:


My friend Jody's mother-in-law also made our gorgeous cake, from scratch!


I am just in love with these gifts and I cannot wait to tell Lily that yes, people DO actually make gifts. I love it. All of our shower gifts were amazing, of course, but I had to share these especially.

Dustin and I took a "Baby Basics" class last Saturday, which taught us how to bathe, diaper, swaddle, along with other good tips. It was informative and fun, for the most part. The teacher was energetic and very knowledgeable. The only thing that really bothered me was her persistence on breastfeeding. I get it. Breastfeeding is the best, most healthy way...but some women chose not to or cannot breastfeed! I felt like judgment was being placed and that annoyed me. It's a very personal decision, is all I'm saying.

As for me, I'm big and fat =) I'm feeling good, at a little over 32 weeks. I started taking iron supplements a couple weeks ago for pregnancy anemia, which seem to help a little with boosting my energy. I was actually glad that I was anemic because I could not figure out why I was SO tired alllll of the time. At least there is a reason, aside from just being pregnant. Otherwise, I feel pretty good and I am still in denial that I will have a child in less than two months!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful homemade gifts!

You look wonderful!

Natalie said...

You look GREAT!

I am not crafty, either, and am so impressed by those wonderful gifts.

My friend who was unable to breastfeed called the militant breastfeeding people "breastfeeding nazis." They constantly judged her for "not trying hard enough," even though her milk would NOT stop coming out, ever, and she was in excruciating pain. It really is a personal choice, and I know you'll do what's best for you & Lily. :)