Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Shower Weekend: Random Thought Style

Our couples baby shower was this past Saturday and it was AMAZING. A HUGE thank you to my mom and my good friend Tiffany for throwing the shower for us; to my aunt Dorothy, my aunt Chris, and Teresa for the food; and to my sister-in-law for the gorgeous calla lilies! It was all so perfect.

Since I am a bit sleep deprived and cannot put paragraphs together, here are my thoughts on the weekend:
  • Everyone was way too generous.
  • Lily is going to be the best dressed baby around.
  • Bumbos must really be a great invention because we got three of them.
  • Baby showers really CAN be fun...or do I just think that because it was ours?
  • We can fit 65 people in our back yard.
  • Homemade raspberry cupcakes are so delicious (thanks Tiff).
  • Opening baby gifts is so much fun.
  • Our house is now way too small. I don't know where to put everything!
  • The weather was perfect for the beach during the day and then the BBQ shower in the evening.
  • Getting into a bathing suit at 7.5 months pregnant is interesting.
  • Lily's nursery was a hit. It's official that Dustin is very, very talented.
  • I have a lot to learn about some of the gifts we received.
  • I have no idea what else I need to bring this baby home.
  • Dancing is acceptable at baby showers, as long as there is alcohol involved.
  • I'm am so appreciative of all of my friends and family. We are truly blessed and Lily is one lucky girl already.
  • All of the girls that came from all over the country for the shower were amazing. I love my FIFs.
I know there is more that I want to tell but as I said, I'm so tired!

Here are a few pictures:

The AMAZING invitations that my best friend Jaime did for us. They were perfect!

Me, mom and Dad:


Me, Ryleigh and Annie:


Me and Tammie:


The look:


The old married hags:


and of course, lilies:


Don't ask where the pictures of me and Dustin are. I don't think any exist, which makes me a little sad! Truth be told, I didn't get nearly enough pictures, as usual. It was an amazing time though.



There was one very special person missing: Mamau Nichols. It seems unbelievable as I type this but Dustin's grandma passed away two days before our shower. She wanted more than anything to be there. She had not been well for a little while and God needed her. She was an amazing woman and we will miss her terribly.



Thanks again everyone! We are so lucky to have such amazing people in our lives!

1 comment:

Christy said...

It sounds like it was a fabulous baby shower!
I'm so sorry for family's loss.