Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My First Mother's Day

It was amazing, even with my screaming baby. Actually, the screaming just solidified the fact that Mother's Day is a much needed holiday to celebrate the challenges and triumphs that come with being a mother.

My husband got me a couple dozen gorgeous lilies, Lily got me a Pandora charm bracelet like this one, only without those charms:

but she did get me this charm:

and I love it.

Dustin had to work a long shift so in the morning we went to my in-law's for breakfast.  My dad joined us too to love on Lily. Here is the only picture of Lily and I were she isn't trying to push me away (although you can see the elbow to my chin. Diva):



Then, the rest of the day was just relaxing. We took Lily to the pool in my mom's community (soon to be our community too):


Auntie Nicole and Ty met us there too, which was really fun to celebrate our first Mother's Day together:


I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture with my mom, Lily and I. I never think of these things in the moment! 

It was a very special day to me. If you've ever heard that you don't truly appreciate your mother until you have kids of your own, it's definitely true. I always have love, respected and appreciated my mom, obviously, but this last year has really taught me about what my mom means to me. She always handled motherhood with such grace and simplicity. She cooked, cleaned, worked, was able to be a friend, confidant, support system...just an amazing mom. Now, to celebrate Mother's Day with her, as a mom myself, is something special. 

It was a great day. 

4 comments:

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

What a great post! I am so glad you had a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first Mother's Day!! How very blessed you are. Love Lily's floppy hat! Adorable!

Christy said...

Happy to hear you had a great 1st Mother's Day!

Mom of Twins! said...

Okay- that photo of Lily elbowing you is hysterical- I can totally see her doing that. Yoy guys look so happy and in love with your baby girl!!!!! I am so glad you have been blessed with Lily and I cant wait for her BDAY party tomorrow!