Monday, October 20, 2008

I have a slight addiction to planning things.

Confession: I am a planning addict. I always have to be planning something, whether it be for me or someone else. When I grow up, I want to be an event planner. I'm just too chicken shit to take the risk of doing so.
The reason why this all occurred to me is because last night I was on an obsessive mission to plan a winter vacation.

I should back up a little though...
As soon as we returned from Costa Rica...no, strike that, before we even left for Costa Rica, I was planning our 2009 vacation. These were the ideas before we got pregnant:

  • We were going to go to some new (to us) exotic country like Brazil or Bocas Del Tora in Panama.
  • California and do a 10 day trip from San Fran to L.A.
  • Back to Costa Rica for a week (which was not in consideration until after we returned from our August trip).
  • Lake Tahoe with our friends Derek and Tiff.
As usual, I began going on tripadvisor.com almost everyday and researching all of the above mentioned possibilities. We were closest to being set with Lake Tahoe. Derek had a place for us to stay and I have never been on a "cold" vacation. Plus, the first two were way out of budget and we really should see some other places besides Costa Rica.

Then, we found out I'm pregnant. We immediately scratched the idea of traveling internationally. I'm just not comfortable doing so pregnant. I looked back into the California trip but still could not really come up with an affordable trip.

So, that left Tahoe. We would be going in January and to be honest, as much as I would LOVE to see Tahoe, I want to be able to try things like skiing and snowboarding while I'm there, which I wouldn't be able to do. Plus, I'm a big baby and the elevation is concerning me because of the pregnancy. (Go ahead, laugh).

Our new possiblity, on Dustin's suggestion: North Carolina, maybe the Asheville area. Someone suggested Maggie Valley. A cute little cabin with a fire place sounds perfect.
If you have other suggestions, let me know!

So this begins the research. We're looking to go In late February so I have some time!

Anyway, the weather here is so pretty today. Dry and breezy. Still hot but beautiful. It makes me very happy that I did not get pregnant in the dead of summer. Hormones make me crazy and hot anyway, I don't need the weather to do that!

No comments: