Friday, October 24, 2008

Finding Nemo...

Last weekend I said that Dustin and my dad would be starting on the reef tank this week...well, its done! All we need are the fish!

I guess I should explain why this is a "project"...

For those of you that aren't aware (like I wasn't), reef tanks are A LOT of work. Tons of maintenance and preparation. I won't even begin to bore you with the details because not even I care, to be honest, but I should mention that the boys cut a hole into our house for this project, which is why this was such a process. In our living room, there is a huge wall that did have a beautiful painting, done by my husband, of where we got married. He decided about a year ago that he would rather have a reef tank there. Fine. Your project. Good luck.


Here it is in the works:
In our garage, cutting holes...


He is so excited about this...


Me being very skeptical about this...


Just watching...



aaaaand, done!


So, now we just need the fish, which is easier said than done. I guess we won't have them in there for about a month because of having to regulate the water or some craziness! Anyway, I'll post more pictures when there are some living things in there.

They did a great job and its going to look pretty cool. The baby will love it =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your reef tank, if that makes you feel any better.

james and michele said...

i am jealous too. i have always asked for one of these for Christmas, and the answer was "when you get married you can get one." guess i need to start bugging james! i was thinking the same thing, the baby is going to love this! it looks so great! good work! can't wait to see the fish.

Nicolasa said...

I, too, am jealous of your reef tank. I have always wanted one in the wall between the living room and the kitchen of my future dream home.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome tank, Vanessa!!