Monday, March 12, 2012

I need to start blogging in the morning.

I cannot even believe it's been over a month since my last post. I say that often, right?

You know how your mom always told you, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all"? Well, that's why I've had so much lag time between posts lately. Sure, I'm busy but truth be told, the majority of what is really in my heart to write about lately...I just can't over the interwebs. I hate to be so cryptic but...

Here's what I will say:

It's still a man's world, no matter how we would like to believe it isn't. It just is and that pisses me off. Being a business woman in a man's world is...interesting.

It isn't that I don't have wonderful things happening in my life, because I definitely do, but I've figured out the problem to be that I blog at night- you know, after the trials and tribulations of the day to day have ran their course and I am just...well...tired and ready to zone out to Friends episodes (because they just never stop being funny). I need to start blogging in the mornings, with a fresh start and a clear mind.

I can say that February flew by at warped speed.

My mom and I went to San Francisco for 3 nights, which was the highlight of my February. I had a work meeting and decided to treat my mom for her 60th birthday (60?!) and had her join me since I knew I would have some down time. We had such a great time. It was our first mother-daughter trip- ever!

San Fran is a quirky city, much bigger than I thought it would be. The food is excellent and the cable cars are.awesome. We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiarrdelli Square, had chowder, stayed in Chinatown, ate at our first Vietnamese infused restaurant, saw bison lounging in a park, had the best cabbie tour guide take us around, went down "the crookedest street", and were about 20 feet away from the Golden Gate bridge and couldn't even see it because of the fog. It was such a fun trip and exactly what I wanted to experience with my mom. I hope to be able to do this again with her soon.

So, we meet again, spring time.
Florida did not see a winter this year so it feels strange to even acknowledge that the season has changed, but I'm glad it has. We have a lot to look forward to in the next few months: Toy Story 3 on Ice (Lily's first time to a show like this!), birthday parties, a weekend trip to Chicago for a wedding, and Lily's THIRD birthday.
Bring it on, spring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree about blogging in the morning. Fresh mind. I've been making myself get up earlier so I have time to write, because just like you, after a long day all I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch Friends. (It never gets old!) So glad to hear you and your mom had such a memorable time in SF. Tell her I miss her! :) And remember, it wouldn't be a man's work without a woman! ;p